Saturday, November 11

Pwntendo, seriously

I'll keep it short and sweet this time round, since I still have a couple of pages to translate today before I can call it a day.

Big Brain Academy arrived a couple of days ago and I've been having real good time with it since then, as it's just a damn fun app. Mentioned it to my mother in passing a few times, but only today I could actually show the thing to her properly and let her have a go at it. And mind you, she's never held the DS in her hands before now (well, maybe a couple of times -- turned off and closed). Having shown her all the minigames so that she wouldn't have to trouble herself with the English too much, I let the unit lying on her living room table for her to pick up and try out when she felt like it. (Good way for me to actually get more work done, by the way, with the DS out of the way for a while.) So after a couple of hours she brings it back to me, saying she liked it, though still quite slow at it and all, but she needs to give it back for the time being... because it's too addictive.

Now I know I'm saying nothing new here, but if a single video game can bring together an avid gamer and his non-gamer mother -- whoever made that game has got to be on to something. Sure, it's not like this is anything life-changing or whatever. Still, it's just nice and I felt like mentioning it here. So -- Pwntendo, right?

In other related news, I've just watched the first couple of minutes of GameSpot's "We just got Wii" marathon (paused to post this entry, and well, to get some more work done, since the vid's quite a long bugger) and I can't be more psyched. No, wait, I can: once I see more of it. And hell, somehow come December 8 I expect some more experiences like the one described above.

No comments: